- New compounds, reactions, enzymes and pathways
- Addition of compound structures to existing compounds that previously lacked them
- Fixes to errors and other improvements to existing compound structures
- Updates to reaction equations to fix errors and so that they balance and are correctly protonated
- Updates to pathways to fix errors and incorporate new knowledge
- Updates and addition of EC Numbers, names, literature citations, links to other databases, and textual summaries.
Why should I use this tool?Aside from the obvious benefits of fixing errors in your PGDB, there are several reasons why it is a good idea to propagate MetaCyc updates with every new release.
- It will allow more of your reactions to balance, improving atom mapping and Route Search computations.
- It will greatly improve the process and results of building metabolic models via flux-balance analysis -- unbalanced reactions are automatically excluded from metabolic models by MetaFlux.
- It will facilitate apples-to-apples comparisons with other PGDBs built with (or updated to) the latest version of MetaCyc.